Tenerife Villas Online understands and respects the importance of your privacy and we are committed to safeguarding your personal information. In providing our service to you, we must collect personal information from you and this policy outlines how we treat your personal data after it has been collected by any of our channels which include our website, call centre and any digital services or channels as they evolve. Our data is controlled by our data controller officer and a limited members of our staff have access to perosnal information;
What information will we collect?
We may collect all or some of the following information relating to you or other members of your party:
- Names and contact/address, ages not date of birth, details including telephone number and email address;
- Credit/ debit card or other payment details (including card number, cardholder name, expiry date);
- Paypal account information;
- Special requirements such as those relating to any disability or medical condition which may affect the chosen arrangements;
- Dietary restrictions (which may disclose your religious beliefs).
You are responsible for ensuring that other members of your party are aware of the content of this Policy and consent to your acting on their behalf in all your dealings with us.
Some of the information we collect may be considered “sensitive personal data” under the Data Protection Act 1998. We collect it to cater to your needs or act in your interest, and we are only prepared to accept sensitive personal data from you on the condition that we have your positive consent. We will seek this consent when necessary. We do not share any information with any third party marketing companies.
How will we collect this information?
We will only collect personal information from you by specifically asking for it:
- When you purchase a product or service from or through us
- When you speak to any of our team
What will we do with it?
(1) We will use your name, address and credit card details to complete your booking with us.
(2) We will also use your details to manage your arrangements, send you notifications and communicate with you generally.
(3) For the purpose of completing your booking, we may have to disclose some of your information to the providers of the services making up your arrangements (who could be located outside the UK/EEA). We may also have to disclose some information to third parties in relation to customer services, credit card processing, or other services.
(4) Credit/debit card payments are processed via our merchant provider on their secure platform and include the card type, date and time, amount, card expiry date, billing postcode, your address and other related information. This information is required and necessary for the performance of our contract with you. We do not have sight of the complete card number or CVV code at any time, but this will be held securely by our merchant provider who are audited and certified as a PCI Service Provider.
(5) For Paypay payments will we require your Paypal account details.
(6) Any postal information received from you will be destroyed once the matter has finished.
(7) We may need to disclose your information where required by law, where such a request is made by a legal authority.
(8) We may need to disclose our customer list including any personal information relating to you to a third party who acquires or attempts to acquire all or substantially all of the asset/ stock in our company or our website.
(9) We may also disclose information to organisations who act as “data processors” on our behalf, or to other organisations that perform business functions on our behalf, some of whom are outside the UK/EEA. These functions include administration, providing services, customer care, business management and operation, re-organisation, security and crime prevention/detection and debt collection.
(10) All information will be held on our secure system and is username and password acces1ibile. Credit/Debit card, Paypal details will be deleted once we no longer require them.
We have taken all reasonable steps to have appropriate security measures in place to protect your information. Outside the European Economic Area, controls on data protection may not be as wide as the legal requirements in this country. The transmission of information via the internet is never completely secure. We exclude our liability for personal data lost in transmission to the website.
What can I do?
If you do not agree to our use of the information as set out above, you should inform us as soon as possible by writing to us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org
In accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998, you may ask us in writing for a copy of the information we hold about you and to correct any inaccuracies in your information. We aim to respond to you within 21 days from the date of request.
You can also choose not to provide us with some of the information we request, however as a result we may not be able to complete your arrangements.
Please note that we do not use ‘Cookies’ on our website.
Protecting your information
We take website security very seriously and we are committed to safeguarding your personal information. We take a number of administrative and technical steps such as two-factor authentication and password protected systems to ensure the security of the information you provide to us.
Please note that our website contains certain literature and hyperlinks to websites owned by third parties. This privacy statement covers websites owned and controlled by us only. Links to other websites and any information collected by these sites are not covered by this privacy statement.
Updates and Changes
As our privacy statement may change due to developments in the law we encourage you to re read this from time to time so you are aware of any changes in how we gather and use your personal information. Any changes to this Policy will be posted on our website.
We value the privacy of all site visitors and clients. We do not use your personal information to send unsolicited emails and will never knowingly pass on your information to third parties. By entering your details on our enquiry forms you are NOT placed on our mailing lis
We will not sell, rent or share your personal information to other parties. We may disclose personal information if required to do so by law or to protect and defend the rights or property of ourselves. We are committed to the protection of your personal information and take appropriate measures to protect this data at all times.